A triple rinse container reduces the risk to human and animal health and the environment. Each rinse reduces the amount of active ingredient (ai) that remains in the container to a safer level.
Invert the container over the mixing or sprayer tank and allow it to drain for at least 30 seconds after the flow has slowed down to a drip. Rinse each container immediately after draining and add the rinse water to the mixing or sprayer tank.
Containers must be punctured after rinsing.
How to “triple rinse” empty containers:
- Add water to about a quarter full.
- Close the container and shake well.
- Drain the rinse water into the holding tank of the pesticide applicator.
- Repeat this rinsing procedure two more times.
- The concentration of the pesticide in the rinse water should decrease from: 4 000 ppm to 40 ppm with the second rinse.
- Non-detectable levels with the third rinse.
- Puncture the container after the third rinse.